Sunday, July 28, 2013

Getting Ready

It's pretty quiet out front but behind the scenes the excitement is building and I have six wonderful designers nervous to get started.

As you can see we have a new logo and also a new item on the left, Maven Mentions.  This is where we will share links to places we like and products we love.....just so you don't have to go looking all over the web.

I'm hoping to share a little with you each day from now till I get to introduce the 2013 designers.

I've been pretty busy myself with a hefty four tutorials in progress trying to release in time for Christmas in July.....not sure I'll make it....but August is good too, right?

These are three of the tutorials keeping me busy.


I'm also finishing up a project inspired by Kate McKinnon's book "Contemporary Geometric Beadwork".  
I have been very inspired by the techniques Kate has shared in this book and it will definitely be influencing my future beadwork....absolutely worth the Maven Mention!


More to come...stay tuned!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, wonderful, great I have not enough words ....

    Greetings

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot WAIT for these tutorials to be completed. They are fantastic! I love the KAte book too but have been to scared to try anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great to hear :) I'm working hard on the last tutorial of the Doodads today and so I can test it. The balls are winging their way to me and will be appearing in my store later this week, kits will probably appear a week later.
    Kate's book is fantastic but I can see it being intimidating for a few. I will be creating some designs and tutorials using the techniques in the book...adding my own spin of course (and in at least one case I mean that quite literally :)). I'm hoping my step-by-step style of tutorial writing will get people over the fear of creating from the book because the designs are too amazing to not make :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful project, congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. On pins and needles to see where this all goes!

    ReplyDelete